So again tonight I try again. We get into pajamas. We say goodnight to Uncle Mike. We go up to bed. He doesn't want to go to sleep. He cries to watch 5 more minutes of the Bee Movie. I give in and we go watch for 3 more minutes before we go back to bed. And again I try everything. Until finally I said "Daddy has to go do a couple things downstairs. Can you stay here and go to sleep?" He nodes his head yes and two minutes later he is sawing logs. Who would have guessed it was that easy!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Asleep By Himself
So this morning as I'm getting out of the shower at 5:30 am Von comes out of his bedroom crying for Mommy (it will break your heart). So I throw some pants on and tell him Mommy went to work but I will come lay with you for a bit. He still wants Mommy but he gets back into bed. Well, I try everything to get him to go back to sleep. I sing to him, I play with his hair and cover his eyes (Nana's trick). Nothing is working. The kid is still wide eyed looking at me. So I said "Von, Daddy needs to go get dressed . You can either stay and sleep in here or you can lay in Daddy's bed." He says "here". So I get up and get dressed. Two minutes later I come to check on him and he is out...You're kidding me. I try everything I know and all I have to do is ask him to go to sleep?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment